Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Absolute Infinity, Truth, And God

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Ben on February 5, 2000 17:28:25 UTC

: : Can God's existence be proved from the idea of absolute infinity? Truth is absolutely infinite. This can be deduced from the statement "Truth exists" which now exists as an idea in my mind. Thus the idea that truth exists exists, and the idea that the idea that truth exists exists exists also, and so on ad infinitum without end.

: !* "Absolute infinity" can only be related to truth by the understanding of its fiction. The only true absolute is the void which has the ability to manifest in a stable mathematical dance which is the fundamental tone of the universe... commonly refered to in religions as the Word or the Name. The defining of the universe from the original vacuume into the sustaining dance which limits harmonic overtones does not allow for "absolute infinity". A harmonic sequence unlimited by the harmonic dance does dissipate into infinity and thus is lost to heat through entropy. Therefore "absolute infinity" could best be defined as entropy, which is only increasing disorder leading to chaos.

Ben: Work's for me. I like caos.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins