Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Thank You For Your Encouragement

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Ivan on October 10, 2002 18:24:45 UTC

Thank you for your encouragement and your constructive comments. All praise is due to the God.

[QUOTE]
But why do you tie it to a particular book? That automatically produces dogma. Why not stick to the church in your mind concept?
[/QUOTE]

I agree that to tie your mind to one book automatically produces dogma. All information in all books must be studied with an open mind. All non-fiction books may contain the following types of information:

1. Verifiable as true
2. Unverifiable
3. Verifiable as false

Out of all the religious books that I studied, only the Quran speaks to me in a rational way and contains only types (1) and (2) information. All other religious books contain type (1), (2), and (3). That is why I believe in the whole Quran but only type (1) information from the other books.

[QUOTE]
I see the various religions and all their similar and contradictory precepts as something like a genetic pool. The precepts that work in a particular age should be given the opportunity to blossom. Choosing to ignore all precepts but those in one particular faith just limits the action of god who established the wide range of precepts to begin with.
[/QUOTE]

God’s natural laws do not change from a particular age to another. It is our understanding/perception that changes (hopefully to the better). For example, the laws of physics have always been the same and will continue to be so. It is only our understanding of those laws that hopefully improves. The only religious book that I know of that promotes this idea is the QURAN.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins