Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
God Answers Prayers? I've Got My Fair Share Of Stones.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by S.H. Le on February 3, 2000 21:24:44 UTC

I don't think I'm being rebellious towards God, because rebelling against something, implies that one initially accepts that this object of rebellion really exists. I don't believe so, because the Christian God just plain doesn't make any sense in my view. Offer a prayer? I believe that prayer (although well intentioned) doesn't get things done. Action gets things done.

First off, i don't understand this free will business. What is it? define it for me. I've been told that free will is the simply the "ability to be corrupted by satan." Why? 2nd (this is a classic argument): a)sinners and saints have identical amount of free will (everyone does) b)if God created us all saints, we could always have the choice to be corrupted, but would be inclined to choose good (because we're all saints). Thus the world would be much "nicer." c)we are not all saints (boy is that an understatement) Explain that to me?

Finally, Okay, I'll offer a prayer anyway. "God, I only want one thing. Convince me that you exist." I've been asking him that one for years until I became an atheist.

tenacious now predicts a counter argument: tenacious does believe in God (which is why he offered a prayer), but is simply rebelling against God. Thank you for that psychological analysis. Say whatever U like, I'm not convinced that a Christian God exists (I'm almost sure of it).

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins