Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Good Thing The Numerous Discredited Creationist "findings" Broke It's Fall

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by S.H. Le on February 3, 2000 21:09:36 UTC

: Was that the sound of the latest evolutionary "find" hitting the ground?! The half-bird half-dino something or other... It seems National Geographic was aware it was a hoax. Where is Mike Wallace when you need him??? ============ I like your syntax... I gotta admit, you say things with style, but enuf with the flattery. At any rate, I was unaware of this NG hoax. As far as I'm concerned, there are undeniable anatomical simularities between birds and many dinosaur fossils, raptors in particular. Anyhoo, like I said, if you can prove to me that species are immutable (ex. all the species of cat in the world are NOT related somewhere), I'll jump on the creationist bandwagon as well. Clearly though, species are changeable, current technology allows gene splicing and recombination, even between species. Hence the mutable part.

Might i also point out that the "concentric crystal sphere" model of the universe, put forth by European scientists back in the dark ages (translation: I'm unsure of the exact century) has been long discredited after we discovered that the earth does indeed revolve around the sun. This perception of the universe was based on the notion that humans are the center of the universe, and there's some sort of divinely imposed cosmic hierarchy of species... at which we are nearly at the top (preceeded by angels and then finally God). I've stated many times before that this view of the universe is contemptible, yada yada... manipulation of the enviroment for profit... yada yada... whatever. Creationists seem to wish the return of this model. P.S. Mike Wallace? Yes... perhaps he with his impartial objectivity, and "matter of fact" investigative nature can put an end to this creationism/evolution debate. We're running in friggin circles here.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins