Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Nonsense?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by hyperiongate on February 3, 2000 16:03:57 UTC

: : : : : : I am sure someone has posted something like this here allready.

: : : : : : But, I'd like to repost it if I could.

: : : : : : I would like anyone to disprove my brief theory on the : : : : : : "Supernatural"

: : : : : : It's quite simplistic really. First we have to take into : : : : : : account, one theory and a law of nature: The law of conservation and : : : : : : the "Big Bang" theory. Once you take these to things into account, : : : : : : the question arises, how did all this matter come into being? : : : : : : Well, either it was always here or it was created. In saying matter has : : : : : : always been here, we go arwy from the Big Bang theory. In saying : : : : : : that it was created in this massive explosion that started : : : : : : the Universe, we go awry from the Law of Conservation. : : : : : : Therefor, if the Big Bang theory is correct, then it is : : : : : : in fact, a proof of the existance of something beyond : : : : : : our natural laws. Something had to "Create." : : : : : : Now, is that "Somthing" the traditional Judo-Cristian "God"? : : : : : : Well, i don't know for sure about that. But it was "Something" that : : : : : : operated outside our natural laws. Hence, "supernatural".

: : : : : : Please post your comments,

: : : : : : thanks, : : : : : : Hyperiongate.

: : : : : : : : : : Beelzebub: : : : : : Yes, the Big Bang theory supports the God theory! Fortunately that theory (Big Bang) is not very smart (like the theory that the earth is the center of the universe)!

: : : : Uhh, ok well.. you say the Big Bang theory is not very smart. Care to explain?

: : : Beelzebub: : : : There is only one pro for the Big Bag: All known galaxies seem to drift away from each other. But that pro is not very big! : : : - It could be pure coincidence. : : : - It could have another reason. : : : - It’s could be a measure error. : : : - Perhaps it’s not possible to measure that (the long distance could blur the information). : : : - Perhaps it’s only a Local Bang instead of a Big Bang.

: : : And there are many “logical” problem when you say the Big Bang is true! The Big Bag theory gives a temporal and spatial border to the universe...that is ridiculous What was before? What is beyond? Where will it end? : : : More questions than answers...not very smart!!!

: : Well, I tend to think that any theory of the universe that doesn't take : : into account the second law of thermodynamics might not be very smart.

: Beelzebub: : The second law of thermodynamics is nonsense! Sooner or later the secrets of gravity will tear it to shreds!

Uhh.. well... ummm... I tend to think that there are some very smart people out there who would never call the 2nd law of thermodynamics nonsense.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins