Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
If You Ask WHY, I Will Tell You..at Greater Length Than Needed?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by M.W.Pearson on October 5, 2002 02:55:33 UTC

Okay, I think your question is implied.

Thanks to Chris and Harv both.
It is the only time an ASK MR SCIENCE question was ever sent to me, I guess.

And Harv, your hypothesis is almost more plausible than my own, and had some truth in it...to the extent there is ANY reason sometimes when I switched, the rule you suggested is about right.
Most times, I did not select the name based on that rule, but inertia or shallow whim.

I am usually not one who places much emphasis on unsolicited emotional symbolism with cryptic icons like peevish screen names...in fact, I resist it. I don't wish to be melodramatic unless we're doing a melodrama by mutual consent.
I mainly switched screen names at random.
If I were already logged in with a name, that almost always was the name on the next message.
Occasionally, I let a shallow notion select for me...such as "quiet," which I feel is a polite name when I was worried about the mood.
Kantolfir2 was a screen name which I made up
without any meaning, though I noticed the name of
Immanuel Kant in it. Though his categorical imperative is interesting, I'm not sure I know enough about it.
To what extent do you like the CI concept, Harv?

Mike

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins