Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Where Is The Science?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on October 3, 2002 17:08:35 UTC

1st site in Russian. I could not read it.

2nd site is in English. It is a rather comprehensive summary of the theory and practice of eastern religions including the Chinese as well as Indian. For my tastes it dwells too much on negative matters that are personal to the author. But the eastern techniques of consciuosness raising are consistent with other practices such as Theosophy. I was particularly interested in the 'Running' practice which I have not seen elsewhere, but which I have been using for decades in conjunction with race-walking, as some of you may recall I have mentioned previously on this forum.

3rd site is in English. It is much like the 2nd but less negative and more emphasis on the theory of eastern practice and less on its practice. It has much practical advise like nutrition and how to conduct your life in general.

What I find lacking in both the 2nd and 3rd sties is a connection to modern physics, despite what dima says. Actually, the Russains seem to be at the forefront of the synthesis of modern physics and eastern religious thought and spiritual practices as I have summarized in the Dark Matter article on the
www.the-atlantic-paranormal-society.com site. So I was dismayed to find such a lack of connection to modern physics in the above sites. I wonder if dima is aware of the Russian work and if so, what his thoughts of it are?

Regards,

Richard

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins