Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I Like What You Say Sam, But.....

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Chris Duncan on October 2, 2002 05:29:35 UTC

The designer didn't build both at the same time,did he? He built one of those cars first, and based that design for the next. If you look real carefully, all life is characterized as having DNA(RNA is ruled out for viruses). Does that mean we are all related to each other? In a way, it does.

You could easily argue that many forms of life began on the planet(which is plausible), but through survival of the fittest, DNA was the one that survived. So DNA was passed on through every ancester it had.

Is it not true that most of your ancestors and most of your decendents will be huminoid? That is the most dominate thing you can pass along to your decendents(of course, they won't look like you all of the time, but the basics will be there). I don't know the correct number of nucleotides in a strand of DNA(I really don't care), but I can tell you enough that over 65 million years, it can replicate itself enough(with defects, both internally(genetic) and externally(environmental)), to have the opportunity to change enough to alter us that "4%" between chimps and humans.

How many times does a society(no mater their genome)replicate itself(how many generations)in 65 million years? If there are as many as 6 billion people in the world as there are today, is it not possible that a new genetic deviation could be born each day? If you don't think so, that is our individuality on the base level you are talking about(physically speakin). So, I believe it is definitely possible...

Warm Regards,

Chris

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins