Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Aaron, My Friend

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Harvey on October 1, 2002 19:01:37 UTC

At times I actually see a glimmer of hope that you will someday forsake ridiculous ideas e.g., light speeding up, etc, but then I read posts like this one and I just shake my head thinking that you're early education in fundamentalism is just too strong to allow you to forsake such ridiculousness.

***The fact is that the geo table doesn't exist anywhere in the world. Thus one can't rely on it for dating.***

I have no idea what you are talking about. The dating methods are very accurate and they often agree, almost precisely, as a cross reference to each other. Do you really think scientists are that stupid that they don't cross reference their findings with other dating methods? Do you really think scientists are that stupid that they tell the radiometric technician at USGS what quantity of parent and daughter radioactive isotopes to measure of Uranium-238, Uranium-235, Lead-206, Lead-207, Thorium-232, Lead-208, Rubidium-87, Strontium-87, Potassium-40, Argon-40, Samarium-147, and Neodymium-143? Do you really think scientists are that stupid and misled by evolution that they just pick and choose the ages of rocks and what they want them to be aged at? Come on, Aaron. What kind of mass delusion do you think has come upon science?

These dating methods are so accurate that they can precisely date the K-T extinction at 65 million years in locations all over the planet with multiple dating techniques. All of them show the ages where dinosaurs are not found in rocks that date earlier than 65 million years. Why do you think that is? How can a Flood explain this kind of accuracy in dating methods from all over the world? Get real Aaron.

Not only is your 'light hypothesis' in strict contradiction to special relativity, but your understanding of dating methods is completely flawed.

Obviously the issues that you raise come from a sincere and strong desire to believe the Bible as literal truth. As far as I'm concerned, this is the real issue at hand. We can discuss this issue further, but I think the Bible can serve as the foundation of your Christian beliefs without engaging in this irrational interpretation to the world of science. In order to find truth you must first be willing to dismiss error. You cannot find the path of truth by this unwillingness to see and acknowledge what is obvious. Don't listen to Sam or many of those creationists who are in lala land when in comes to science - real science.

I wish I could communicate to you the importance of accepting truth and not fabricating truth - regardless the stakes. Fabricating truth in the name of religion makes a mockery of everything that the Christian religion is about. Don't get messed up in that. Pursue sound reasoning, and you won't be disappointed, either scientifically or spiritually.

Warm regards, Harv

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins