Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: 1001001111010000-transfer Interrupted-

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Beelzebub X on January 29, 2000 22:07:31 UTC

: 1) Famous Christian argument: : "Satan has so cunningly manipulated the bible with so many translations that it's HARD to tell what is from God and what is From satan."

: If it's so difficult to tell which parts of the bible are really from God, and which are from satan, how can we believe scripture is very : acurrate? If it's so inconsistent that it contains both good and evil, to an atheist, it just seems like it was written by men. : Why doesn't God clear up the confusion? IF there really is only one world view that God accepts, and that one world view is Christianity (white man's burden-imperialist-contemptible) he has not made it very clear. Why is that so hard for an omnicient deity? I have come to the conclusion that many things are remarkably difficult for this being called God. I don't see God anywhere. It seems to me that a God that "knows me better than I know my self" isn't : trying very hard.

: That is why, I have rejected christianity, even though I accept the central premise of "love your neigbor." Christians are now trying to create a one world religion... it's christianity if you haven't been paying attention to the past few hundred years of human history.

: If god is the kind of person that would put me in a world of vast confusion, and then send me to hell (or sorry, I'm sending myself?) because I can't tell the difference, then so be : it. If that's the case, I see no difference between satan and god. Is that my fault? NO it's God's fault for being so dam unclear and ambiguous. What's his problem anyway?

Beelzebub: That is what I said: The Bible is Devil’s work...even when only a part of it is from Satan (or from a man that is bad and good as every man)! When a little bit is wrong (or evil) then all is wrong (or evil). A God would never mix his divine speech with trash! Someone could say: “The right (good) people will see what is good (from God) and bad (from Satan).” But that is ridiculous, because mortal humans can not be as clever as a supernatural creature like Satan. But for seeing Satan’s “tricks” they must be as clever as he is. That’s why the matter is as follows: A person that needs a material book for understanding a God of love is lost! It’s easy and logical: The “bad” people will worship a book and the “good” people will see the real truth! Enter the churches and pray...or go and reach out your hands (I bet there is someone who waits for that)! Decisions, decisions! It’s so easy to avoid the hell...LOL...isn’t it?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins