Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Seeking Emotional Truth/wisdom

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Phil.o.Sofir/">Phil.o.Sofir on January 29, 2000 18:53:00 UTC

: : ***I sense more than a little emotion in there, I thought I was the only Atheist that operated on more than simple reason! :) : I a glad to see that, unless I am totally mistaken

: ***The world runs on emotion/instincts, everything else is secondary to the prime director of humanity. : ---------- : You couldn't be more right Phil. I am very passionate about this atheist thing. It really angers me when people act all condescending like I'm naive, and I've sinned. I've done alot of soul searching to get hear, and simply saying "I am an atheist" was at first one of the hardest and scariest things I've ever done in my life. : I used to be a very devoute Christian so I understand where it's all comming from, but I can't help but be emotional. My Christian upbringing has effected me deeply.

: It's like what John Keats, british poet said. Sometimes you need to take a leap of logic (emotion?) to arrive at the a new discovery. Science didn't get to where it has by only consecutive reasoning. : I have respect for all religious viewpoints... I guess I came across a little strong.

: P.S. I gotta stop listening Radiohead before I come here!

***Any argument against these things are arguments against themselves, I have found nothing in my reasons for atheism that religious people say is wrong with my thinking, that they do not practice even more themselves.

***The transition acceptance and expression of my atheism occured here in the bible belt, it was extreamly difficult for me also, I can relate.

***Radiohead? Is this like alternative to mainstream discussion? Or just classic rock? :)

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins