Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Trapped In A Dream

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Alan on September 28, 2002 07:05:28 UTC

Hi Aurino,

Unfortunately my internet budget is running down.
However, comments:

Your experience of "walking to the kitchen" yet finding yourself back in bed:

I had a very similar experience which I called "trapped in a dream". And during this I "woke up" yet in fact it was still a dream.
I actually had quite a battle to get into the "real" reality. Um, very educational, these experiences!

I think this kind of thing may have been quite well documented. (www.lucidity.com or something, maybe) There is a phenomenon called "sleep paralysis"; it's where someone tries to move physically but yet their body doesn't 'engage'. Not essentially much different from finding it hard to get up in the morning. I guess.

I think it is possible to document all data one can gather for oneself from such experiences and, not go nuts; but end out some jumps ahead of modern neurology on understanding how humans function.

I think one can "keep one's feet on the ground" ideally by chosing the most solid ground there is: I call this "existence". For example, by not denying anything one ever felt or thought; by being open to "what is", more of the fuller picture becomes visible.

Quote:
"If only we knew what to do with that new knowledge... "

My approach was to document what I experienced; and to investigate further. New discoveries can follow, the future becomes freer...

-Alan

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins