Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Out Of Body Experiences: Spirit Involvement

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Alan on September 22, 2002 10:03:56 UTC

From another post I wrote here ages ago:

"Once I tried something called 'a vertical slide'. It starts vertical, then slowly curves to a long out-run. When I tried it, the surprise of momentarily free-falling was accompanied by a 'heart-in-my-mouth' sensation.

It seems that one's brain creates a model of one's body's position in 3D-space.

The model hasn't had time to up-date the notion of where one's heart is before free-fall has delivered one's mouth to the same space-location!

So you get an overlap."

Now the curious thing is this: who/what is having the experience of the model?
What if one's spirit lived throughout the body, and was not restricted to inhabiting a model of the body?

OBE's are experienced as spiritual because it is spirit that lives in the model?

Writing of the fractional time-delay in body-coordination due to the brain's modelling of the body and the world:

"But this discrepancy might only happen in 'wrong-state' of spirit-body coordination. There appears to be a slight time-delay in all information processing while in the 'wrong state'. In the 'right-state', you always 'go with yourself'. You are 'in phase', like a human laser beam. Not so surprising, about possible teleportation ability when in the 'right state', then."

By "right state" I am talking of a spirit-body harmony where the spirit is not restricted to living in a model; but inhabits and transcends the whole body.

Further considerations:

If you were to tackle the 'high jump' at the Olympics; you would want as much as possible to feel like you are 'going with yourself' over the jump, not hanging back.

Try to jump off a height that you are not comfortable with, and you become aware of the need 'to go with yourself'; and the difficulty of 'bringing yourself' to jump. In the 'right-state', one's spirit and body would be in perfect harmony, and in perfect harmony with the creation. It would be as if every move was a fresh law of physics; as if the very air parted to let you through. It would be as if you were related to every atom in the Universe; you would feel the sense of being created right now! That's my impression.

In the movie "The Sixth Sense" the character played by Bruce Willis (hope you have seen the movie as I reveal the punchline after this pause)....................................................................................

discovers he is already dead. I seem to have discovered that humans, while not already dead; are in a much more dead-like state compared with what they can be in, than they realize.

In the truly alive state; one's spirit animates one's entire body. The body and the universe are created NOW. One's spirit is not restricted to inhabiting models in the brain. One does not drag ones body about. One's body moves in harmony with creation. Teleportation may be completely natural.
And in such a state, humans apparently would be able to communicate directly (a bit like as if online in a spirit internet).

-Alan

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins