Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Constitution And Jewishness/Jesus & "Adultery In Your Heart

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Michael W. Pearson on September 20, 2002 01:26:08 UTC

1) Yanniru wrote: "(Jews) enforce the right to complain as well, a foundamental American
freedom."

Thanks for help on that. I would like to know the affiliation of some more of the folks who did what was done to me at Eastern Washington University... and who "enforced" my rights.

2) Yanniru wrote:
"But Jesus changed all that when he said that you have committed adultery with a woman if you lust
after her in your mind."

This is a deep subject. One angle I keep in mind is that He was talking with folks
for whom metacognition might have been pretty new...as is the case in every generation. In context, He may have been emphasizing the importance of being conscious of our thoughts.

Yanniru continued:
"Now for the first time, thinking became subject to the law. It was a perfect vehicle for crowd control, as Constantine demonstrated. "

I don't know if that is the first time. What is your source. It is an interesting idea and I won't fault it as a rough draft idea.
--------

Yanniru:
"Jews even have a prayer for doubt. Doubt is a good thing in Judaism, but not Christianity."

The value of belief is sometimes over-rated and sometimes under-rated. One can also suffer practical pain for lack of faith in appropriate process.

Yanniru:
"So in conclusion, various religions can be judged by how many freedoms they allow. Since God gave us free will, it is to be presumed that we should maximize the number of freedoms, and the jewish religion does that more than any other..."

Are you saying our Constitution was founded by Jews?

Not teasing,
Mike

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins