Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
"they Did It With Fear And Trembling... Of God Almighty"-Earl. So A God Of Love, Is A Tyrant That Rules By Fear?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by S.H. Le on January 25, 2000 21:27:52 UTC

Christianity may not preach such things, but they were used as the justification for such horrible acts. And if it's so difficult to tell which parts of the bible are really from God, and which are from satan, how can we believe scripture is very acurrate? If it's that inconsistent that it contains both good and evil, to an atheist, it just seems like it was written by men. Why doesn't God clear up the confusion? I don't see God anywhere. It seems to me that a God that "knows me better than I know my self" isn't trying very hard. That is why, I have rejected christianity, even though I accept the central premise of "love your neigbor." If god is the kind of person that would put in a world of vast confusion, and then send me to hell because I can't tell the difference, then so be it. If that's the case, I see no difference between satan and god.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins