Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Because Without Assumptions...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Phillip Martin on September 19, 2002 23:21:47 UTC

Why assume that there is an answer at all?

I am not yet satisfied with what I think was the start of the Universe, and existance itself for that matter. Either everything has always existed, everything came from 'nonexistance', or everything, including nothing, came from 'something', or... a copmbination thereof. I feel more comfortable with one of the first two.

It is also possible that there is no answer, and that we are all part of a sadistic game.

At any rate, we, as humans, are dumb. I thought that we were very smart, but once I realized that we are only comparing ourselves to other Earthly animals, it did not seem as if we were. Take, for instance, the size of our brains. Normal humans' brains range from 1,000 to 2,000 grams. That is nowhere close to any sort of limit. I am convinced that we will make computers more intelligent that us within my lifetime... but thats a thread for another day.

Warm Regards,

Pjillip Martin

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins