Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: The Mountains Of WV...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Phil.o.Sofir on January 25, 2000 09:54:55 UTC

: Phil.o.Sopir: : ***To be accepted by all in a system that one understands and loves is the ultimate utopia, especially when one knows that it's peaceful philosophy which respects the world that creates and supports us is the reason our ancestors came to this secluded wonderful world in spaceships. : (This of course is looking back by my gggggrands.) : ***I like to dream alot, as if no one notices :) : Greg: : No where else in the Universe will ever provide as Perfect a world for us as Millions of Years of Evolution have made of this world. This world IS our God-Given Garden of Eden. If we can't make it here on this world, we don't deserve to go out there amongst the intergalactic community of civilizations that have made it. : Global co-operation Restoring the Environment and Balance to the Circle of Life, a Global Standard of Living, and Applying a Global Workforce to realize the utmost potential to our endeavors, could provide for all while involving us in Learning the Love, Peace, and Harmony necessary to realize and apppreciate the Utopian Level of Society worthy of going to the Stars. : Due to the vast distances involved, realizing Light Speed is the Only Viable Option in going to the Stars. Due to the Time Dilation involved with Light Speed, the Journey is Essentially One-Way, there is little reason to return, and so everyone must go. The flow of time at 99.9% of the speed of Light is such that one can circumnavigate the known Univvese in one lifetime. This provides another reason to Learn Love, Peace, and Harmony before we debark on any Stellar Explorations.

***Hi Greg, I agree with many of your statements regarding what it would take to create the utopia I wish I lived in. The problem with actually accieving it on this world is that there is a system of power/control over the resources and thus thinking which will not allow it to be realized. This is the current reality of the world we live in, and there is nowhere left on this planet that one could begin such a utopia on its own, everything is contained in the system. For one to stake out a large enough piece of ground to be capable of supporting such a system will not be allowed by the powers that be. There is nowhere left to be able to begin anew. If we ever get to the point where it is nesissary to go, everyone will not be taken, just as if there is a nuclear war, everyone will not be saved by shelters, basically those in power will survive, and those who the powerful gained thier power from will be left to... As far as being worthy to travel to the stars, I do not place such a restriction upon myself, or any others, for if we as citezens of this planet are not "worthy" enough to be "allowed" to create our own utopia on this planet, who is going to sit in judgement of one who wishes to leave and do it on thier own outside of the "authority"? Basically, any selfsufficient community which wants to "totally" cut itself off from the current outside world (for whatever reason) is percieved as a threat because it will display a non-reliance upon the current controlled system, and once this was accomplished, others might see the benefits of such a non-reliance and follow suit. Basically again, those in control of the system will not allow this example to occur, if they can at all help it, and they can stop it, and they do. The false reality for many of this world is that we currently have freedom, and that everyone gets thier fair share of the products of the world, when in actuality, its entire system works upon the reliance of a system of economic units which is totally controlled by those in power, with the motivating force of gaining more wealth, power, control over others. That is the cyclic system we live in today, humanity is really secondary. I keep hearing that this is human nature? Maybe I am deluding myself, and am same.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins