Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Pay Close Attention To What I Say.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Phillip Martin on September 18, 2002 22:55:19 UTC

Kenny(or Scott): "Macro-evolution is the theory that is not provable."

Me: "Why do you think that?"

Sam: Well, he has a good point. Macroevolution can not be scientifically proven.

I did not say that it could be proven. I simply asked him of his thoughts about the subject. I am sorry for the confusion.

Kenny: "Micro often gets confused and mixed in with macro in order to try and prove macro-evolutionary changes."

Me: "What makes you think that?"

This is also true (although he makes it sound like it happens on purpose, I think it is an accident). MICROevolution and MACROevolution are completely different. It is a shame they both have evolution in them. MICROevolution is a fact. Small adaptations which benefit the organism is proven, and not evidence against creation. However, MACROevolution is (and as I showed, can not be) not proven, and no one knows exactally how MICRO and MACRO work toghether.

I said nothing of my beliefs. I made no statement. I am just trying to get Kenny into the habbit of basing his statements on reason, and stating those reasons on which he bases his statements. I am sorry for the confusion.

Warm Regards,

Phillip Martin

Follow Ups:

• Ok. - kc2gwx - September 19, 2002 - 03:55 UTC
Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins