Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Nice Work There, Harv.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Rich on September 18, 2002 16:35:08 UTC

From that direct quote of William of Conchos, it sounds as if there was resistance to the education. He must have been a liberal. :^P

Well it looks as if Europe was on the verge of moving forward with education. Though more information, would be nicer. I find the separation of church and state thing very interesting, for a couple of reasons. Not that I have much study of those times, but I always equated the monarchy with direct connections to the church.

I would add to your last comment, that conservative theocracies have the most negative impact, though the term conservative theocracy is probably redundant.

Math Contest in France:
Q: In the beginning, there were 10000 French soldiers, split up into 4 equal groups cover the north, south, east, and west. If Barbarians attacked from the south and east, how many French troops would be left?
A: None. They would have all retreated before making their posts.

A retreat is more than a vacation in France, its a way of life. ;)

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins