Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Kenny Thornton on September 18, 2002 03:50:07 UTC

"
"I don't need to believe in what you believe is precambian rock"

Fine. How do you define it?
"

'precambrian' rock is a title given to a certain radiometrically dated material, radiometric dates are, for the most part, either falsified, lied about, pre-chosen, changed, or thrown out. Therefore, reasoning that a date provided by an utterly faulty system is a proven fact is not the best answer when dating rocks.

------------------
"
"you can probably find some wacko website that puts 2 and 2 together to make 22,"

If that's all you have to say with regard to scientific thinking, I'm not intimidated. I replied to most of your points during your first barrage of feces-throwing, and you never wrote back.

"

The point i was trying to make was that I, or anybody else, can pay $8 and put up a website that reads anything they want it to. Basing most of your research knowledge on what you see on the web, where in fact the sites typically do not have cross-researchable references is probably the most reliable way to do things. Read a book, an unopinionated book based solely on facts, like an encyclopedia, then refer to it instead of what any wacko could write.

Like i said in an earlier report, I have been on vacation everywhere from fl to wa state in the last month, fried both of my pc's and given one a virus, upgraded windows on both, bought another used, and poured rain water in my monitor. This is all after somebody came into my house and sprayed DDT all in it and i had to get rid of everything i own and live in a hotel for 4 months. Ive had quite the busy 1/2yr, maybe writing back to your letters wasnt my top to-do
thing, sorry.
-------------------

"
..."and try to sound official by using italics in your writing."

Indeed. Italics is at the heart of my reasoning. It has nothing to do with my evidence, reasoning, or intelligence, just the italics.

"

I was just pickin on you about this one, no hard feelings.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins