Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
So Beliefs Are True By Definition?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mario Dovalina on September 18, 2002 03:02:55 UTC

"I believe that every God that anyone has ever conceived (if even for but a nanosecond) exists. All of these Gods affect all of our lives indelibly. However not all of them are equal (in fact, I believe that it is impossible for any two Gods to hold the same power)... the God that you (any one person) knows the most about has the greatest affect on your life. This holds true for atheists, even myself. I believe that all Gods exist, but I also believe that no God or Gods exist. I believe that all Gods have power, but that no God has ever had any power whatsoever."

So according to you, what we believe in automatically becomes true? Or the gods have always existed, and they simply thrive on our beliefs?

Then why call yourself an atheist? If you believe that Gods exist (or at least subsist on faith) then aren't you a theist?

More detail, then I can argue with ya. :)

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins