Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Lack Of Understanding...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Kenny Thornton on September 17, 2002 20:08:18 UTC

Using a lack of understanding to discount prophecy has seemed to become evermore common. To analyze what you can see with your eyes and explaining what you can't see with your eyes is a faulty science, explaining apples and oranges in the reference that they cannot possibly both be fruit, because to one's understanding, they are really quite different. Free will is present at the same time as an all-KNOWING God is also present. Profecy isn't changing what would be history into something different, it's explaining what God already knows about the future. I'll give an example, when I was about 6 or 7 years old, I used to try to trick God... I used to say "I'll do this" then think that God now thought that I would than really quick, i would say "no, I won't", and think that I was tricking God into thinking that I would do something else, and now He would have to rewrite all of history because of my minor yes/no decision. When I got older and started understanding more, I realized that God knew forever that I was going to say yes, then say no really quick. He didn't base the rest of history on that decision, but He had already written history, and I was merely fulfilling it. God being all-KNOWing, not waiting to see what my decision was, already knew the next thing I would do, He doesn't need me to write history for Him.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins