Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Well

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Harvey on September 17, 2002 18:15:40 UTC

Aaron,

***"when I say that you are not worth my time." Self-righteous comment.***

That's not what self-righteousness means.

***Like Richard you must resort to name calling to support your point.***

It's not name calling, it is citing that you are in a particular state. Name calling is a negative classification of a person that has to do with something that person cannot change by changing a state. For example, if I said that you were ignorant, you can come out of ignorance either by showing that you know the knowledge that you said not to know, or by learning what you are said not to know. If I called you 'dumb', then there is nothing you can do but remain dumb. The former is appropriate if said under certain situations, and the latter is never acceptable. Name calling is often centered on words like 'idiot', 'dummy', 'stupid', etc.

Warm regards, Harv

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins