Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I Think It Is True Enough; It Is Almost A Good Suggestion

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by M.W.Pearson on September 17, 2002 17:17:29 UTC

Yanniru,
You asked "creationists" to respond to this post.
Since, unlike Harv and a few others here, I believe Intelligent Design is necessary in our time, maybe I count as a creationist.

As you say, Revelations' prophecies verge on violating human free will. It also guarantees
some souls created by God will be lost. This does not look like Intelligent Design to me.

For God to "enumerate all possible events within the prophecy," God would have to assume nobody else would ever read it all. After all, it is the nuances, thoughts, dreams and intercombinations thereof which truly make up the world. When you are dealing with 6 billion people (and other ethical beings?), that would be an enormous book. Humans do not read books the width of the Great Plains and the depth of the Pacific Ocean. Perhaps you were thinking of a few dramatic "management-level events" written as a human writes them, dealing with moron-level stunts rather than the deeply significant individual responses. It would be a book about the size of War and Peace. Oh. Well, I would probably be very disgusted with a God whose idea is,"I'll create these dorky spasmodic events and then presuppose what your response should be."
My God is that dumb. People could do that, pretending to be God.
Mike

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins