Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
About "unpleasant Moments"

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Aurino Souza on September 17, 2002 13:29:58 UTC

Hi Harv,

I wanted to say something about this but I couldn't find the right words. I guess what used to happen was a communication problem, a very serious one. I usually ignore people whose ideas don't appeal to me, and you were obviously not such a case. However, there was something strange about your arguments, something that didn't seem quite right, but I think I finally understand what the problem is. It has to do with the stuff I was trying to discuss with Dick, the "reality as a language" idea.

I really want to discuss that with you someday, but I don't think I'm ready yet. It's a specific kind of self-referent problem in which even the solution exhibits the problems it's proposing to solve. I was hoping some smart philosopher had found a way out of it, but apparently that has not happened yet.

In any case, just becoming aware of the problem, despite my inability to communicate it, has been tremendously enlightening. I'm hoping it will make me a better person. If not, then I'm a lost case...

Regards,

Aurino

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins