Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Aaron

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Harvey on September 17, 2002 12:56:18 UTC

I used the W.C. Fields quote as a polite way to say that I find you too self-righteous for my tastes. The fact that you misquote Jesus is either an indication that you do not understand the words of Jesus, which would make sense since given your youth. However, I favor the other possibility which is that you are an angry and bitter young man that will stop at nothing to justify your self-righteousness that comes from being raised in a self-righteous environment. If so, then I'm afraid that you are very far from the heart and soul of Christianity.

In either case, what is very evident to me is that you are acting and behaving as a troll on this board. Not only do you actively seek to undermine scientific exploration, but you actively seek to undermine those who promote theism on a board with a number of atheists. By talking creationism you are simply making yourself an uncredible voice here (despite what you and Sam might think, you appear to us as immature and unable to think for yourself - probably having no idea what those words mean I might add).

I don't wish to continue dialogues with either of you because I'm quite serious when I say that you are not worth my time. I've only replied this far in the hope that I could aid in the development of two young lads who have the opportunity to see their arrogance and self-righteous tone, and might become humble and realize that your knowledge is very, very little about science and seek to learn from the experienced posters (esp. Yanniru) and therefore stop the attacks on those far, far more experienced than you. Since that is not the case (i.e., it is obvious that not only am I communicating with 'know-it-all' kids, but the self-righteous tone and negative use of the Lord's words), I see no reason to encourage your obstinance by communicating further.

What I will leave you with is an accessment (it won't do any good, but someday you will understand). From my view you are way behind your peers at this age. Your writing and attitude suggests someone near the age of 14 or 15 - possibly 16. Finding out that you are 18 is a very disappointing revelation. Where are your girlfriends? How come you have so much time to debate on a science internet forum? Why aren't you in college taking 18 or more hours a semester? Why aren't you working 30 hours a week combined with those 18 hours? Obviously you are not pushing yourself enough. Obviously you are socializing with other problem children who spend far too much time on a computer than with friends developing a social life. Most of us are older men. We have families, we have a social life that is suitable for our position in life. This internet forum is an opportunity to communicate with intelligent people, most of whom are peers in some manner, and this is pleasurable only because it is not distracting to our lives (for the most part). However, I cannot even visualize how that could be the case for a young man such as yourself. You have school, social, and work priorities which should tap almost all of your time. What time you have left should be dedicated to spiritual and personal actitities (e.g., doing your own laundry, etc).

If you are 18, and if Sam is 16, then I find it surprising and shocking that you boys are spending so much wasted time talking about science from a point of view as if you know everything, when in fact you are just smug kids who grew up in what appears an overly self-righteous environment. I know this move to action speech will serve no purpose, but your youth should be a busy, busy time in developing yourself. You should have no time to debate unless it is to learn (and even then it should be very much in proportion to how much time is available). Since you are both here to argue with science and not learn, I see this as a great loss of your time.

No, kid, go ahead and quote a scripture at me. Go ahead and show me how smug and egotistic you are. But, if you had been my kid, I would have been on your Language Removed to get a job working at least 20-25 hours a week and carrying a full course load which is no less than 15 hours if you are not so bright or 18-21 hours if you are bright (or out you go).

Get on with your youth, the road is tough ahead.

Warm regards, Harv

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins