Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
If I Could Do It All Over Again...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Phillip Martin on September 16, 2002 23:03:19 UTC

"[Creationists] seem to believe that since their beliefs come to them on a silver platter of blind faith, the same must be true for all people, scientists included; that is, they believe that evolutionism is an article of faith, and, all things being equal, we should choose the faith most pleasant to our psyche."

If I could choose, I would much rather believe in a religion than be an atheist. I do not believe in God, Heaven, Hell, etc. There is nothing to look forward to. Once I die, it is all over. The thought of everything I have ever learned will be 'deleted' when I die makes me question why I go to school, work, or any of the other things that I do to be a member of society. Life is too short to waste it (including anyone else's- including any crimes that harm other people) I have seriously thought about going to some forest and living there for the rest of my life. I could be free, be awake from as early to as late as I want. I would not have to be anywhere, I could just do as I please, plus I love being outside. Work will take up years of my life (not including sleep). By the time I am 75 (I am assuming that people will probably retire at that age when I reach it), more than 11 years of my life will have been wasted (at work) fulfilling the needs of staying alive. My life will probably revolve around work until I retire. When I retire My 'best days' will be long behind me. I look at that as wasted time. I am on Earth for a limited number of years(in this human form, anyway). I must cherish every moment of it. The time to do that is limited by the information that people are starting to gather about people. I have not concluded whether or not I will do that, but I am leaving my options open. It wouldn't matter that much if there was a place my soul could go after death, but religions do not agree with my beliefs.

What are your (anyone)thoughts on that?

Warm Regards,

Phillip Martin

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins