Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Life Seeding

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Phil.o.Sofir on January 16, 2000 14:58:33 UTC

: Incredible new space and science portal--Cosmiverse

: www.cosmiverse.com

: I think you will all love it. Just wanted to share with you.

: Now...

: I for one believe that the ancient "gods" are actually aliens from another world who are using earth as a grand terra-forming experiment. Man was created in the image of God? I believe this is a metaphor for genetic engineering.

: You should all read "Everything you Know is Wrong" by Lloyd Pye. It addresses this topic in great detail, basing arguments on the written history of the ancient Sumerians. Very interesting, to say the least.

***I will check out the book you have suggeted, it does sound very interesting, Have you read the book "Charriots of the Gods"? it is simular to the thinking which you express. As far as purposeful experimentation of seeding life, I have a couple thoughts as well. 1. If life were purposefully seeded here, it may not have been experimental in a way that the seeders would keep track, for it is a huge universe, and if some form of intelligent life did sow lifes beginings here, it may have been only in the attempt to keep life flourishing in the universe, a drop and go kind of program. This could also be done without any life forms onboard the transport device, sort of like a ship which seeks out hospitable planets (which could be in many different varieties than our own), then calculate the kind of life formula most suitable for the current and expected future environment of the planet, then drop off a payload of life begining substances, record the event as far as the location and action taken, and move on to the next suitable trajectory, possibly never to return. Leaving the rest to natural devices. Mars may have been suitable at the time this occured as well, thus the planet may have be seeded as well, as a double effort toward success. Europa may have been worth seeding then as well.

2. It is entirly possible that the seeding of life is an entirely natural process in which the building blocks that nurture life could be transported to other planets through metiorites, comets, dust or any suitable celetial object that has been exposed to life in some way. Kind of like universal spores. This is in no way impossible, and in my opinion is most probable. Life can also begin entirely on its own as well.

Do you have any other ideas?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins