Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
My Breakthrough

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on September 15, 2002 14:05:12 UTC

In a previous post by that title, I outlined how I came to accept Stafford's math and what assumptions it implied. Most of my arguments with Stafford were over the fact that he claimed to be making no assumptions. Early on I thought his math was correct and said so.

Then I found some problems with his use of the delta functions. He finally convinced me that he was using the delta function to pick out values in the region that he defined to contain only invalid data.

At first I objected to that- how can you define a theory for valid data using only invalid data? But then I came to realize that if in the universe only valid and invalid data existed, if the universe was binary in this sense, then by finding the constraints on invalid data, which is what he has done, he has also found the constraints on the valid data.

I posted all of this some time ago, but nobody picked up on it. Finally, I decided to write a review of Stafford Theory that casts it in its proper light as a contribution to sampling theory, but one that shows that info theory rules the universe.

I think that that is an extremely important contribution to science, and I was hoping to get a positive from Stafford- but he seems to either be ignoring it or has totally missed it.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins