Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
An, Non-arregant Titel "fore Airuino)

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Luis Hamburgh on September 15, 2002 01:22:33 UTC

Aurino,

>>>”You are. . . obsessed with your own intelligence.”

I sure am. I think most people who post regularly in forums like this one are obsessed with their own brainpower (sic). Matter of fact, if it weren't for this obsession, forums like this would be a lot emptier. However, I dare say I’m a tad less obsessed with intelligence than you are. Experience tells me this; next to Dick you dole out the "you're an idiot" response more often than anyone else here!

You “hate intellectuals,” flee from arrogance, and write off organizations like Mensa as “full of people who consider themselves better than ‘the rest’.” Your attitude, like so much else of your presence at astronomy.net, betrays an underbelly you seem so bitterly inclined to protect.

But what do I know? I’m an idiot!

;)

>>>”you are notorious for a serious lack of metacognitive skills.”

Hmmm. . . let’s think about this. Last year, in response to my criticism of Dick’s misconstrued concept of time, you called me an “idiot.” This summer you report to us that, after reading a book or two, you finally understand Einsteinian time, and acknowledge (or feign) recognition of Dick’s errors. Now, you’re again defending the dualistic time crucial to Dick’s paper. Seems whatever leap you made this summer has dropped back down to its lowest energy level.

Now, either I really do lack the skills you claim I lack (and yet possess an IQ nearly 20 points higher than yours), or my http://www.astronomy.net/forums/god/messages/21447.shtml?base=30 post really hit a nerve!

-LH

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins