Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
You Know What I Think About Dick

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Aurino Souza on September 13, 2002 18:39:13 UTC

I do think Dick is a bit obsessed with himself, but I also think he's special in a way that makes that forgivable. In any case you are right, I do like him, and I can only regret the fact that he does not seem to care about friendship, unless friendship revolves around his paper. But that is also forgivable if he really is special.

As to Langan, I think all he's doing is trying to show that there is still a place for God in a rational universe. Check his "CTMU Clock" to see what I mean. You see, he's a blue-collar guy, and some white-collar guys tend to scoff at the supposedly simplistic way blue-collars understand the universe. So Langan is simply trying to demonstrate the complexity and profoundity hidden behind the surface of the blue-collar worldview. He's definitely not trying to prove anything.

Incidentally, I used to think Dick was trying a similar thing, to show that the average Joe knows as much, possibly even more, than some stuffy, snobbish academics. That is why I supported him. I withdrew my support when I realized that, having ousted the autocracy form their palaces, he rushed to take their place. That I can't possibly condone.

Well, so much Language Removed for a Friday afternoon.

Have a good weekend,

Aurino

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins