Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
You've Compared Langan To The Wrong Person!

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Luis Hamburgh on September 12, 2002 23:07:11 UTC

Alan,

I’ve just lost track of an hour or more reading Langan. And I must I’m extremely disappointed that you don't see whose ideas Langan's resemble.

Of course Dick and Langan have models putatively better at describing (or, dare I say, defining) reality. But comparing Langan's brilliance to Stafford's idiocy is unjust!

Find that link to Yanniru’s article (on the paranormal-interest page, regarding axions), and you’ll see a whole lot more similarities in train-of-thought.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

However, I’d like to pat my own back. No, I don’t have any “theory” to offer, but I have independently arrived at something Langan describes as conspansion. Without getting too far into it, let’s look at one quote from Langan:

>>>”conspansion consists of two alternating phases of matter and energy, inner expansion as an IED (Inner Expansional Domain) at the rate c, and requantization as an event-component. . . apparent “expansion” (from an interior vantage) is actually a relative shrinkage of content (from a global vantage).”

(from http://www.megasociety.net/Noesis2.2/CTMUDiscussionVI.asp )

This is an idea I pushed on Dick (and Alexander) on more than one occasion. Sure, my expression of this paradigm was non-mathematical, but here is an example:

>>>“In my view, time is composed of specific intervals somehow tied to the differential between an object's mass and its motion. . . in some, heretofore undefined way, the universe exerts an inward 'rule' (gravity) and an outward 'rule' (who knows -- expansion?) on everything. The matter/energy duality of matter is somehow commensurate with a differential between (1) a particle submitting to the inward rule, and (2) the particle approaching a sort of 'escape velocity' from the outward rule (c). Space-time intervals are the backdrop against which all matter maintains some sort of balance between these two extremes.”

(from http://www.astronomy.net/forums/god/messages/12325.shtml?base=600 )

Of course I shouldn’t have to tell you how stupid Dick said my idea was.

Now, I'm not saying I’m as perceptive as Langan, but I did arrive at my description (quoted above) independently of Langan’s defitnion of conspansion. And it makes me feel pretty darned good.

Thanks! :)

-LH

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins