Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
To Be A "well-known" Physicist Seems Oxymoronic (no Insult)

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Michael W. Pearson on September 12, 2002 06:41:31 UTC

An oxymoron, of course, is someone who
would like six more oxies on their cereal.
"Hold the C6H12."

Hi, 'Chris'
Though a few physicists are known world wide, the two you cited would trade in the fame for other values in life if they could.
What's better than a few friends, nice furniture, a pretty pond, and free time to go with your excellent minds?
And anyway, fame is nothing to aim for except in the communication fields, where it helps you.
Otherwise they give you the wrong kind of attention, I hear. So, maybe you want that kind of attention. Okay.
If you want to plumb the physical law secrets of the universe, it is more important to talk with God way out in Quietville, I betcha, than with God in all the noise and rackets of the world.
Certainly that has been the only way most physicists worked. You really have me making a fool of myself, saying all this. In a way, I hope that's what you're doing.
Mike

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins