Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
What's Your Major, Chris? Or What Might It Become?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Michael W. Pearson on September 11, 2002 15:25:18 UTC

Hi Chris,
Several years ago, I received an email response from my U.S. Senator which said basically,"Look, I have no way of knowing for sure who is sending me these notes about public policy." Back then it was even more true than now. He had to answer hundreds or thousands of email somehow. I think the autoresponder was invented after that.
So I hope you'll forgive if you realize I can't confirm who I'm talking with. All I have are these pixils on the screen, and some of the folks here could be mischievous. Still, at face value, I would offer a response.
Regarding feeling your age:
You are the Universe itself at age 20.
"Wake up to find out
that you are the
eyes of the world," says a song.
When I was 20, I was working as a forklift operator, but then quit for a while and lived
as a young writer in Seattle. Rent was so low
(I shared a room for $24.50 a month each for two persons)
I could squeeze by for a few months on my
savings and then on only a little more income.
It was fun. Then I went back to forklift operating and college. These are the days to
just wander around in topic areas you REALLY are interested in, without putting yourself into too much danger until you know what is up, of course.

I must go and work in the "garden."

Mike

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins