Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: I Belive

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mike/">Mike on January 1, 2000 16:10:16 UTC

: : Bible lays out a whole bunch of stories that depict Gods grace to an imperfect lineage all the way down to Christ, that's why it's in there, look at Rahab the harlot, honored for her faith and turning to the true God, story of Ruth, Solomon...wives..that God told him to stay away from...David..with bethsheba...God took em away his first born and his wives from him because of his sin...all those sins are listed because it shows Gods forgiveness and long term plan for a saviour...adultery, harlotry, murder, was there but Gods grace exceeded that even tho those men dearly paid in this life for those sins... because it shows Gods grace to a lost and dying world, one note, Jesus corrected the multiple wife thing when He said in the beginning it was not so ..one wife for one man....and gave rules and conduct of people...he always talked of one wife, not wives, or husbands anyway ----

: : The whole Bible points toward one person....Jesus Christ...Noahs adventure was a shadow of things to come in our day....."as it was in the days of Noah"...Jacobs adventure was a shadow of Christs dealings with the twelve tribes of Israel, The design of the temple was a shadow of things to come in Gods dealings and relationship with man thru Christ, Moses wondered in the wilderness being honed and tested 40 years, Elijah fasted and went forty days and nights thru the dessert to find the Lord, Jesus fasted forty days and nights in the wilderness preparing for ministry, the rain fell upon the earth 40 days and forty nights, 4000 years from Adam to Christ, all of the old testament is Christ concealed, and all of the new testament is Christ revealed. He was manna come down from heaven, He's the shepherd that watches the sheep as David watched over his sheep and slew a bear and a lion. : : He's the five stones J E S U S ..that David used to kill the giant Goliath. Just as He helps us defeat the giants in our lives. He's the interceder as Moses interceded for the people of Israel, He's the brazen serpent that Moses lifted up in the wilderness that who ever looked on it after they had been bitten of a viper was healed, just as Jesus was lifted up and all who look upon Him are healed of the sting of death and hell and live eternally.He BECAME a curse so that we don't have to be cursed. He went to hell and defeated Satan so we wouldn't have to go to hell. He is greater than a prophet, he is greater than Solomon, or Moses, David or any of the prophets and great men of old, for He is the owner of the house, He is the builder of the house, He is the Master of house, He laid the foundations of the earth from vast ages gone by, He spoke and Sun and the stars and all the planets were made, it is by Him that all things consist and are held together. One word from Him and all the atoms would split at one time, it is only His word that He spoke in eternity past that holds it all in place. "Heaven and earth shall pass, but thy Word oh God shall never pass away". "And behold all the elements shall melt with fervent heat, and the heavens will roll away like a scroll but then a new heaven and a new earth where there is no sin created by....His Word."

: ***I see you believe in this as I once did, when I sAw the beautiful sides of it. : Those days are gone for me, I have to say, I miss them.

:****Once I belived that man would solve all his own problems. NOW, I can't belive that man has a chance with out Jesus. I belive ... always will.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins