Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Major And Minor

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Aurino Souza on September 6, 2002 16:04:27 UTC

Hi Alan,

You are missing my point. If you are really interested and have the time, try the following experiment:

Look up what "minor mode" means in musical theory. Read as much about it as you can and see if you can figure it out. If you're not a musician, I guarantee you won't understand it.

Now go to a library and borrow two CDs of classical music, one with a work in major and another with a work in minor. It's really easy to tell, all you have to do is look at the title. For instance, "Prelude #21 in C minor", "Symphony #3 in A-flat major", stuff like that. Listen to just one minute of one and then one minute of the other. You'll be quite amazed at your ability to understand what "minor mode" means regardless of your musical education. Anyone can do it. You'll also be amazed at our inability to understand most of the stuff we read, no matter how trivial they might be.

Once you finish the exercise, read some of your posts and tell me what is wrong with them.

Good luck,

Aurino

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins