Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
And I Respect That.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Sam Patterson on September 5, 2002 17:00:58 UTC

"Bear in mind I never said light could not be stopped, only that it would violate the theory of relativity (which I was probably wrong about - I don't know - I was sure that according to relativity it was a physical impossibility to accelerate past light speed from any reference frame, but I have to verify this with a physicist: Yanniru?) which is a big difference."

I'm no physiscist, but I've read that this does not contradict Einstien's theories. Read some of those links I had, some go a little more in depth than others.

"Similiarly, it is possible that light can speed up."

So you admit that it is possible the universe is much younger than previously thought?

Here is a link about that:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/1999/10/991005114024.htm

"John Moffat of the physics department disagrees - light once travelled much faster than it does today, he believes."

If this is true, this would completly change many things about what we 'know' about the universe. It could also mean a younger universe.

Sam, KC2GWX

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins