Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Christ Is The Lord Of Great Compassion

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on September 5, 2002 12:25:19 UTC

is available to all, believers and non-believers for salvation. You just have to ask for his or its help at the time of death, according to the Tibetian Book of the Dead.

I think the Buddhists got it right. Christ is the connection between god and all earth's life and is therefore available to all for salvation.

Besides the Christians are so few in number, they could not possibly populate heaven.

Then again in John's Revelations it says that only 144,000 make it to the presence of god. The Jehovah Witnesses, who use this number as the cornerstone of their beliefs, have already filled this quota, according to them.

However, I believe that it is irrational to think that god would settle for such a miniscule number of Christian souls. God wants all of us and gives all of us the chance for salvation in lifetime after lifetime, and has sent us the Lord of Great Compassion to help us cross the divide, as well.

But personally, I think that salvation just means that you qualify for a job (with duties, responsibilities, etc) in heaven. We on earth are just audtitioning for the next gig.

Regards,
Richard

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins