Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Mathematical Apples

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by M.W.Pearson on September 5, 2002 00:00:11 UTC

Hi, Kyle

Fun!

You wrote:
" I couldn’t find any recent posts from Alexander, and I looked pretty far back in the threads... I
hope you didn’t lose him because this forum really needs the balance that only a solid physics-guy
can give!"

Yanniru said I chased him away. But I really liked his physics stuff too. What I couldn't understand was that he kept telling me I don't know anything about science; he kept telling me I am a creationist. We had a nice discussion about the energy release calculation for a meteor impact. He has some strong points about math's importance...maybe has a little trouble with departing from sequential math to go "intuiting"
...but hey, he can learn, right...and then test any concepts with the math. He's a smart guy, and what a name.

(My Great Grandfather Alexander is highly regarded in our family, and came from across the ocean too.)

I compiled a long post from Alexander's funny digs on me which I felt were not understandable from context.
And after all, he is represented as a physicist, not an expert on everything.
I offered to leave the forum recently but only
Yanniru seemed to push, so I'm still here.
I really appreciate the tone of your writing.
Mike

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins