Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Good Old John 14:6

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Sam Patterson on September 4, 2002 14:10:08 UTC

"Not if "accepting" that eternal life involves making a blind guess of faith regarding which religion to follow."

Blind guess? Here's what I said before, and I'll say it again,

"Jesus said in John 14:6 "I am the way and the truth and the life, no one comes to the father except through me."

I think this is pretty obvious. NO ONE can come to the father EXCEPT through ME. The Father refers to God, like in "Our Father in heaven" Matthew 6:9. Jesus is the only way."

If you have heard the gospel and have rejected this scripture you purposfully reject God's gift of eternal life.

This brings up another point which I will address. I personally believe that if someone goes their entire life without hearing the word of God, they go to heaven. Same with unborn babies, young chlidren, and people with mental problems. If you haven't heard the word, and cannot fully understand, I believe you go to heaven.

My point of this post is this: There is no 'blind guess' involved. You either willingly reject him, or willingly accept him. The choice is completely your own.

Sam, KC2GWX

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins