Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Happy Thoughts: Good Money, Scientific Merit & Research Protocol

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Whittier on September 3, 2002 20:40:02 UTC

Dear Webmaster and Esteemed Grapplers:

I would not wish to chase away a high class of
participants. I will happily yield and cease my eruptions if that will help the webmaster's business.
"Genie" wrote: "I was very rudely trolled off this board. Sadly, for this forum, it lost out on potential participation and networking with myself and many other scientists and researchers."

I am the one who "Genie" blames. A few observations:
...IF these scientists and researchers are especially interested in "Science and God" topics
...THEN we might expect them to have "researched" this forum by skimming through the posts.

"Genie" wrote:
"When I returned and reviewed the board, I was astounded at the immaturity of content. It seems like at least 2/3 of the posts here are created by a single person and are nearly devoid of any real content."

This shows me "Genie" has only reviewed the board's several years of content enough to make a horribly inaccurate estimate of how many posts one person has contributed. If our posts are rated "immature" by someone with no posted resume' and who posts almost no content, should we quiver in our boots?

"Genie" wrote:
I am sorry to say that the whole experience was very upsetting and I am just no longer interested in reviewing any of Stafford's material or attempting to have any colleagues or scientists that I know review it or ever return to this forum again."

Kinda throwing out the baby with the bathwater, ain't they?

"Genie" also wrote:
"This is because I get very tired of trying to do the right thing in the face of cretins who would rather rail against their fellow human beings than reach out to them."

I feel we've just been "railed against" by a salaried person.

"Genie: also wrote:
"May God be with you all."

I get it. "Genie"'s leaving and God's still here.

Cordially,
Mike Pearson

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins