Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Slippery, Swerving Story

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Luis Hamburgh on September 3, 2002 18:51:54 UTC

Dick,

>>>"what I have done is shown that a very cute trick exists."

Then I have misunderstood you all along. This whole time I've perceived your judgment of your paper as something revolutionary.

>>>"I think Luis is betraying his own purpose when he says, 'Sometimes I think he's having fun with us. "How many suckers can I fool today?"'"

It seems you're assuming this was pure sarcasm. It wasn't. Like when a mother looks at her tiny infant and tells her husband "You know, sometimes I think he understands what we're saying." Your paper seems to be an elaborate sleight of hand, and I was not being totally facetious with this remark.

But . . . if it is "just" a "very cute trick," then why all the hype? I mean, the paper itself says that it is something "profound" which "no one competent" has criticized; probably so "profound" that in it you claim you published it for "prosperity's sake," since you've not yet found anyone "brilliant enough" to have evaluated it.

What gives?

-LH

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins