Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Misinterpretation

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on September 3, 2002 14:31:23 UTC

Aaron claims that the path offered by Jesus is the only path to heaven. My take is that Aaron is misinterpretating the statement. Jesus offered this path, but did not say that it was the only path. Read the statement by Jesus very carefully Aaron and you will see that it is not an exclusive statement. It ismjust one path albeit a very good one.

Jesus himself offered two other paths. To keep all the laws of Moses (the Koran reinforces that by saying that the spiritual Jew is the highest in the eyes of God). And he also offered the path of great faith. My preference is to cover all paths possible including those in other religions.

But read carefully. Jesus is not saying that this is the only path.

***"For only I, the Son of Man, have come to earth and will return to heaven again. And as Moses lifted up the bronze snake on a pole in the wilderness, so I, the Son of Man, must be lifted up on a pole, so that everyone who believes in me will have eternal life. For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. God did not send his Son into the world to condemn it, but to save it." ***

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins