Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
He's Not Aurino Either

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Paul R. Martin on September 2, 2002 19:12:28 UTC

Hi Chris and Alan,

First, I can answer Alan's question: Dick is not Aurino.

Second, I can confirm that Alan's description of Dick is pretty accurate except that Dick's doctorate is in mathematical physics and not nuclear physics.

Third, I can give you a little history which connects some of us:

Back in 1998 or 1999, I got onto the Internet for the first time. I built a website containing essays I had written and I discovered the Counterbalance.org website. Among the posters there were Harv, Aurino, and Minister Exaggerator (AKA Luis Hamburg). I joined the discussions and invited the people to read my essays. Aurino did. Aurino asked me how I personally arrived at knowledge. I wrote and posted another essay titled, "How Should I know?" to answer his question. Dr. Dick happened to find my website, and based largely on what I wrote in "How Should I Know?" contacted me and told me about his discovery. You can find his paper describing it at

http://home.jam.rr.com/dicksfiles/

I studied Dick's paper extensively with a lot of personal help from Dick. I concluded that he had discovered a theorem of Statistical Analysis that imposes constraints on any function of probability densities of pattern-predicting functions on an arbitrary set of numbers. Applying this theorem to any possible set of observations of this, or any other, communicable universe, it can be deduced as a tautology that the laws of physics must be nearly the same as those discovered so far by the scientific method.

I introduced Dick and his discovery to the people on Counterbalance. Dick soon moved many of us from that forum to this forum. Many discussions of Dick and his work have followed. That brings us up to date.

I hope that answers your Big Question, Chris. BTW, welcome to the forum.

Warm regards,

Paul

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins