Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Ahhh... *sigh*

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Aaron Viviano on September 2, 2002 16:36:27 UTC

"against fundamentalism of any kind"
"I'm about as pro-science as one can get."
"I'm about laid back as Christians come"

Now I under stand. You are against all fundamentalism. Umm.. I'm a fundamentalist. So I guess your against me. So much for "tolerance and open mindedness" I don't claim to be opened minded all the time. Sometimes it is a good idea not to have an open mind and sometimes it is a really BAD idea to have a closed mind. Sometimes I'm wrong and my mind should have been open and other times I wish I hadn't opened my mind a crack to something else.

Tolerance. I'm tolerant. Although many people have tolerance confused with acceptance. I fear this is what you are, but hey I could be wrong.

"Pro-science"

Does this mean that you are for everything that scientists say? Of course not. I don't and I don't think you do either. Though your pro-science view is different than mind. I look into the bible and if it says 6 days it means 6 days. Science changes all the time, but the bible doesn't. So I'm comferatable being wrong with a majority of scientists, because if I lived 400 years ago I would be against the flat earth scientist. Today I'm against the evolutionist scientist. Who mind you keep trying to change the evoltionary theory because the evidence keeps falling away. While the creationsist scientists keep gathering more evidence for creation. The creationists could be wrong. I'm just convinced that they are right. Show me I'm wrong with convincing proof and I'll change my mind. After all I used to be an evolutionist that beleived the universe was billions of years old.

"I'm about laid back as Christians come"

And you question me about my faith? How should we trust you. Your laid back or lazy in your faith. Please tell us why your opions about christainity are right. Because I think if you look at it you will find you are wrong, but I could be wrong. Please show me so I may come over to the right side. I thank you in advance.

That last paragraph may seem to be a little spitful, but I after being called fake and you are against me even though you are for tolerance and open minds can bring a little of the LISTEN TO ME part of me out.

Yeah don't take offense to what I say, lets try to work together okay? Thanks.

God Bless,
-Aaron

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins