Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Armaggeddon

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Tön on December 22, 1999 17:39:20 UTC

: : The human cycle, although somewhat short compared to the life span of other species, is heavily concentrated with events that has brought us to the present. I think that our technological and accumulated knowledge decieves us with blinded arrogance. The human cycle still applies to us today as it did 2000 years ago. What is the human cycle? Our predictable behaviour and reaction to events. We will love, we will kill, we will build, we will destroy, we will rebel, we will worship. We evolved as a specie with self-professing and self-fulfilling events that we are somewhat bound with (closed system). It is the cycle of history that 3000 to 4000+ years ago human being whare able to understand. The wise men, who where actually men more perceptive than the average homo-sapien, saw the patterns and predicted them. Can I predict the future for humanity? Yes. We will live and we will die. Our population is so much larger than the past. Our reaction to the events in the worlds is so much more intensified. More humans at a given area, more affected, more hype. Events are only as good as the amount and area of people that witness and react to them. If a tree in the forest falls, does anyone hear? For some of us, Armaggedon is already happened or is currently happening. : : Tön

: :Earl here...I know what you're saying there Ton, but I stick to my guns on what I just said there, The only reason we're in this mess is because of fallen man. When the rapture takes place, you'll know for sure then that all the prophecies in the Bible are true because it was God that wrote it. I know you don't agree with that, but a lot of people sure are looking for His return and glad of it because of the way the world is goin', which was predicted, in other words Jesus told us what to look for and when to look for it so that His redeemed wouldn't be caught off guard like the rest of the world that ain't looking for Him. : In fact it says that when He returns that men will run to the mountains and hide in the caves and cry out for the rocks to fall on them to hide them from the face of Him that is coming in the clouds with power and Great Glory. Which tells us that most men won't believe it's gonna come and get caught in a really big mess. I 've got a personal relationship with Jesus because he saved me and gave me life eternal, and that's about all I can say, except I'm a pretty picky fella when it comes to just believing anything, but, the Lord has made a believer out of me. Lot of folks might think I'm nuts, buts that's ok, I enjoy the joy and peace I have in Christ, I just wish everybody would accept Him, but, hey I know they won't because the Bible said they won't, even tho the invitation has gone out for everybody to be saved from judgement. Bible says majority of folks will even curse God who has power over all the plagues coming on the earth, not knowing if they'd just turn to Him then He'd help them out of it, but they won't because they're just too stubborn and set in their self made belief. And I'm not sayin' that about you or anything, but I 'm just repeating a pastor I heard talking about the majority in general. But, even when most men see Him they won't go for Him, but when they do that they'll have to meet Him anyway to be judged, which is something they won't like, because that's when they get thrown in the lake of fire because their names wasn't found written in the LAMB's (Jesus's) book of life. God said when the armies march against Jerusalem that His anger will come up in His face and He will remember the sins of Babylon and that He'd kill them where they stand on their feet and this is the plague that would happen to them that fight against Israel : their eyes would melt from their sockets and the flesh will melt from their bones and their tongues will consume away while they stand on their feet. If that ain't describing a nuclear holocaust ...I don't know what is. _____

No arguments from me Earl, sounds interesting. By the way, I follow the ways of the great teachers, Jesus the man being one of them. Whatever happens, be good :-). Tön

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins