Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
The Patterns, Not The Objects!

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Alan on September 1, 2002 06:32:28 UTC

Hi Yanniru,

I am not talking specifically about the physics of language. I am not talking about acoustics specifically. I am talking about the structure of pattern comparisons.

I am suggesting that the laws governing the networks of compared patterns in a word-dictionary may involve pattern-laws that coincide with the laws of physics we use to describe pattern-laws in nature.

I am proposing a direct carry-over of pattern-matching laws and associated structures; from physics to word-dictionaries; at least on an analogy level.

Agreement on mutually acceptable definitions is required for scientists to agree on their theories.

If each scientist constructs a view of the other scientists' communications via his personal self-referent experience of interacting with them; then the laws governing a group of scientists mutual agreement on definitions, will underpin whatever laws their mutual theories propose?

Does Dr. Stafford show that most current physics laws are the laws governing the scientists mutual definition agreements themselves?

Make sense?

Regards,

Alan

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins