Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
But Maybe Black Holes...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Scott on August 30, 2002 03:21:15 UTC

Hi, Richard.

Thanks for the vote of confidence. You might be exactly right. As I've said, I'm not a theologian, so I'm not someone who can point to a particular verse in a scripture, "Ah, see, this PROVES that they knew about string theories, etc." That's simply not my area of expertise. But I do have my faith--and I have no problem with the idea that science and theology can intermingle (and even be one and the same in specific instances).

As far as your thoughts on the Koran predicting certain scientific modes of thought, I find that fascinating. You might refer to my posting titled "There Is Truth In All Religion" where I discuss this very concept.

All the best,
Scott

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins