Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: I Hear Ya... (nope, Women Aren't Inferior... They're Just Socialized To Believe That They Are)

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Beelzebub X on December 18, 1999 23:08:31 UTC

: Beelzebub: : Yeah, I asked some people from the Watch Tower society about that. They knocked at my door (usually nobody wants to have a talk with them). They tried all the time to convince me...LOL...and I forced them to answer my questions. They gave me a lot of answers and information. They said the same like your teacher about marriage, sex and homosexuals (when I asked them about homosexuals they become almost hysterical...LOL...funny old ladies). : Gender classification? You mean women are not inferior? :op : ********** : Yeah. There's really no nice way to say no to those people. I tried saying: "Sorry, I don't speak english (fake an accent) and can't read your brochures. I can read only Portuguese." : Then, they'd send a Portuguese guy over to my house. That's nuts. Gotta admire they're passion though. I basically tell them that I'm a sado-masochistic devil worshiping warlock, and they usually leave me alone.

: Gender classification deals with the idea that ideas of masculinity and feminity are created by culture. Thus these distinctions are created to allow injustic to women and homosexuals. Sex is an unnatural act. I find sociology really interesting. It unearths all the hidden assumptions we make about society, and that certain things are not inherent faults in our nature, but are created by socialization. Great stuff, blew my mind. If I wasn't so intent on medicine... who knows. : Studies on deviancy interest me especially. You should take a sociology course if you ever get the chance (if you haven't already).

Beelzebub: Yes, women are not inferior. But I am not sure how much is natural and how much is culture. In every known society the men are stronger and more present in culture, science and politic. Hmmmmm, that is interesting...why is that so?

Sociology? No no, not my taste...I find that always a little bit boring, too much blathering.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins