Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
What A Perfect Time..

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Phil.o.Sofir on December 18, 1999 08:52:35 UTC

: Wouldn't it be such a pain if this message board crashed on January 1st?

: If it does... have a nice life everybody. I'll miss our innane banter.

: I have a feeling all this doomsday speculation will make for the most uneventful, quiet new years on record. Or maybe it's the calm before the storm. Hmmm... if God decides to unleash his apocalyptic wrath on the world on January 1st, what about the Chinese? Do they have to wait for chinese new year?

: P.S. Ever wonder what a post apocalyptic world would be like? I'm gonna start selling all my electronic devices for practical stuff like bikes, knives and flash lights. After the end of the world, all you suckers will be left with nothing but useless gadgets, while I'll be high and dry with items worth their weight in gold. We'd be back to the barter system after society crumbles in a chaotic mess. Hmmmm... not much time left.

***1/1/00 would be the perfect time to updat our calender, since the whole problem with y2k is a technological problem and not as much religious as past turns off centuries, millinea. I had an entire scale roughed out once, probable in my old notes somewhere, but it also covered the measurement of time from a basis on the speed of light sec/hours/days/seasons/years, and I think it was wieghts based upon the wieght of electrons. So since we have to do all this adjusting anyway, why not impliment other benefical changes. Although Christianity is not world encompassing, its influence through the use of computers and economics based upon this calender do dominate the world. There will be no tech crisis when the Musslim/Hindu... China's... new millineum rolls around, they are all worried about a roll over based upon the Christian calender.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins